Sunday, October 21, 2007

Our Saturday at the beach


Porter and Lily each got a turn to catch a fish

Building sand castles

Hi MOM

Jane's Chubs- Gotta love them

checking out his waves

The Hole

I've got the life- the beach and a sleeping baby
We had a great day at the beach this weekend. The kids loved being in the chilly water and had fun fishing with their dad. Porter is getting so good at boogie boarding. He even scares me and I have to hold my breath hoping he'll get out of the big waves OK. Thats the parnoid mother I am. I enjoyed relaxing and soaking up the last rays I'll get for a while. Lily loved chasing the birds and dancing in the sand. Matt had a great time in the big waves with his boogie board. Jane loved snoozing on her Momma listening to the calming waves. What more could you ask for? We even finished off our day by going to grandma and grandpa's house and swimming in their warm heated pool, eating pizza, and playing with grandma and grandpa. It was a great day!

7 comments:

Rachel Cunningham said...

That looks so fun! I miss the beach. Once a year is not enough. You guys are such cute parents and your kids are so sweet. Baby Jane is growing up fast! Love the thighs! Nothing cuter than a baby girl in a swimsuit.

Rebecca said...

You guys are such diligent beach goers! How fun! We miss you guys. It's kind of sad not to run into you around here, especially today as we visited the Foothill ward!

The Dunford Family said...

Oh how I miss the beach! I'm so jealous!
Sorry we didn't get together. It was a very busy and tiring trip and I never got your phone number! Everything was crazy! But Fun!

Liz said...

Sounds like the perfect day with the fam. We miss you guys out here. You need to call us when you come out this way next time. Hope all is well in your new home.

The Plewe Clan said...

I am so impressed that you braved the cold water...sounds like a great weekend!

Nancy said...

that sounds to good to be true. What a wonderful life you guys have.I love the chunck on Janes thighs. I is so squeezable.

Mema and PaPa said...

Your family loves the beach. I'm glad you are taking advantage of it. Thanks for the update. It's always so fun to wake up to new pictures and to see how much Jane is growing and to see the whole family together. You are all so cute. Yes, even Mattycakes too. I miss you all so much. Are you working on Jane's birth certificate so we can get going on the trip to see MeMa and PaPa? I'm having Flake withdrawals. ILYT oxoxo