Friday, January 9, 2009

Our house now

The kitchen- We still need a back splash.


I need to paint my bar stools, table, and chairs and get a new light fixture.

The Family room

Porter's room, the girls room, and our room. I have not done any decorating.

After a lot of hard work we are feeling at home in our new house. Thank you to all those who helped us. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. We pulled many late nights working while the kiddies were sleeping. We still have a lot more to do, but my mom is dying for updates.

17 comments:

Katie said...

Your house looks do good Brooke! I am seriously still amazed at the transformation. Good work! What is your paint color called again? Is it silver sage or light silver sage?

Katie said...

so good, not do good

Mema and PaPa said...

Yippee! Brookee's back in the saddle again. I've been waiting forever for pictures of your house. Wowzers--is this really the same house I saw before you moved in? You really had a great vision of what it could be and is. I love EVERYTHING you've done. The paint, the kitchen cabinets, the floor, the wallpaper, the new couches and pillows. It is such a cute, homey place to live. You are such a talented girl. Your arrangement of things on your cute hutch and shelves in the family room and kitchen looks so happy. Your bedding goes perfectly with your wallpaper and the new white furniture is great. Thanks for the pictures. Can't wait to see more when you get those last few things done you want to do. What a great place for my adorable Flake family. You done good. I loved our long visit today. That was fun. Good luck on your talks tomorrow. You will both do great. ILYT oxoxox

Mema and PaPa said...

I forgot to mention that my favorite thing about this post is that you included My Lovey Lily in the decor. She looks like she is loving her Christmas doll. She loves being the little mother. She is a cutie patootie. I miss her. ILYT oxoxoxox

Matt Flake said...

The paint color is silver sage from Restoration Hardware. The light silver sage is a lot more blue and a little darker.

Staci said...

WOW, it is so beautiful! I love the floors did you guys do those too? Glad to have a post from the Flake's, we can see you have been busy!

The Plewe Clan said...

Your kitchen looks amazing! I would love to know how you redid your kitchen cabinets! They look so good! Did you have to sand them all and then paint???
You are so good with all that kind of decorating stuff!

Chris and Anney Malone said...

I love it all, it's so cute and inviting! Thanks for all your love and prayers they have been felt a lot. The flowers were beautiful!

Staci said...

I know I already posted but your kitchen is WOW! I LOVE the cabinets! Did you guys do all of the work yourselves?

Anonymous said...

SO, SO cute, Brooke. What a makeover for your house!! It looks so good. Your kitchen is to die for. And I love the dark, wood floors.

Rachel Cunningham said...

Love every square inch. What color are you painting your stools and table/chairs? Makes me want to re-do my whole casa!!!

Shelly said...

I cant even believe that is the same house-I didnt realize you were such a martha. It looks amazing. I love the dark floors and the white kitchen-that is my favorite. I saw some pictures on Ashlys blog and I was dying at how good it looked. You really did such a good job-I cant even imagine how much work you had to do, but I think that makes a house so much more HOME when you put all that work in yourself. I love it-good job, Brookie!!

Hillary said...

Wow, your house looks great.

The Dunford Family said...

The house looks beautiful! So glad things are coming together and you're feeling at home!

Anonymous said...

Way cute house, Brooke. You Collins girls definitely got the decorating talent from you Moma. She always makes her homes beautiful, even in Russia:) Cute kiddos too!!

Liz said...

Brooke it looks awesome!! You are amazing. I just want to know how you did your kitchen cabinets. I want mine to be white. Did you paint them or have them refinished? It looks great. And what is the main wall color. It looks similar to what I did in one room. Love it!! Thanks for sharing.

melinda said...

Hi Brooke! Just stumbled across your blog. Looks like you are doing well.. kids have grown up so much.
I love what you have done with your house.. everything looks so good. Great job.