Sunday, January 20, 2008

Saturday at the tide pools

Hermit crab city



I'm all wet!!!!!

Smile Jonny


The cute Rainer family


Like father, like son

Off to explore






We had a great sunny day at the tide pools. The kids loved playing in the sand and exploring the pools. Hermit crab city and putting their fingers in the anemones are their favorite. I was lucky enough to see a whale swim by. The first time ever for me. Matt and I went exploring and we saw an octopus, star fish, brittle star, sea slug, sea cucumber, hermit crabs and more. Matt's sister Katie and her two boys came with us. If felt good to soak up the sun and watch the waves roll in. This is why I'm reminded why I live in California and face its challenges.

8 comments:

Kristi Kleisler said...

Wow that sounds like so much fun!!! I love the pic of Matt holding Jane over his shoulder- such a good daddy!

Rachel Cunningham said...

Love the updates! Little Janie is getting so big and she is darling. Cutest picture ever of Matt and Porter at the Tide pools. Isn't it great to have sunshine in January?

Ashly said...

1. What's with Lily's faces in all the pictures. She is such a goofball. I especially like the one of her all wet. 2. Love your sunglasses. They look so cute on you. 3. Your hair looks so much longer since I saw you last. It looks cute all pinned back like that. 4. Katie's baby is so cute with that great hair. and Finally, Porter is getting WAY too old.

Ashly said...

oh and of course...Janie girl is soooo cute. I love the picture of her and Mattie!

Mema and PaPa said...

America's next top mermaid needs to be liking getting wet. I loved the 3 kids walking hand in hand. Your family picture at the ocean is great. You are all so cute--yes, even Mattycakes. I saved it to my iphoto and am going to print it out for my wall. You Flakes know how to spend a Sat. Please--no more toot tooting about the beautiful weather in Cali while it is winter here in Moscow. I miss you all and ILYT oxoxoxo

Chris and Anney Malone said...

Looks like a fun Saturday, your kids are so cute and so sweet. I love the pic of them running off hand in hand- CUTE hair!(on you)

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

Those pictures made me so homesick for CA - what I would give for a sunny day at the tide pools right now!

Ned and Erin + kids said...

dont get too tired of the tide pools because my girls are dying to go again. Lily is so dang cute too