Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hanging out in Moscow

I just got back from a 2 week vacation to Moscow. My parents are there serving as mission president. I was the last one out of my siblings to make the trip to visit them. I was really nervous to take the kids by myself. It was very stressful at times, but we survived. I was so glad Matt made it for the second week. I had so much fun being with my parents and seeing their faithful missionaries. They spoiled me and the kids like crazy. I have so many great pictures and memories.
The kids loved sitting in the window and watching outside. They would get their pillows and blankets and pretend to be camping.


Lily was so tired from the time change she would fall asleep doing the funniest things.


Lily loved putting makeup on with Mema. Every morning when Mema was getting ready she would join in. Mema said that she was really good at it and that she used a light hand. Maybe she can give her mom some tips.

Porter loved playing the piano. He learned to play star wars and loved showing the missionaries when they came over for dinners and lunch. He also learned the beginning to I hope they call me on a mission. Its time for a piano!!!

4 comments:

Ashly said...

thats all we get? i thought you were going to do a bunch more posts with a lot more pics? come on girl! I LOVE the one of Lily and Mom doing their makeup, so cute. Mom is the best MEMA ever! It made me miss them and want to go back to Moscow for a visit! Such cute little kiddies!

Kristi Kleisler said...

Post more pics!! Looks like so much fun Brooke, but there has got to be more to two weeks of Russia than that! lol :)

kristyn said...

cute pics of russia! I keep using your blog to link up to the nie nie dialogues for updates--so sad!!! I keep expecting more pictures of your trip--the viewers want more! I like the one of lily with your mom too!

Mema and PaPa said...

All of these pictures make me miss you all so much. Those windowsills will always be the Lily's and Porter's campgrounds. I can hear Porter playing Star Wars and I hope they call me on a mission every time I walk by the piano. I will never put on make-up that I won't miss Lily waiting patiently for her turn for the powder, blush, eye shadow and lipstick. Seeing the bedroom without Jane's crib will always cause a big lump in my throat. What a great two weeks we had with the Flakes. Thanks for making the trip over and for being so sweet and so easy. It's so nice to have the Flake section of artwork in my hallway. Now it is complete. ILYT oxoxo