Saturday, July 14, 2007

Baby Jane is here !!

Welcome to the world Baby Jane.
Jane Madison Flake AKA Unlucky was born on Friday the 13th, July 2007 at 9:30pm She weighed in at a respectable 7lbs 14 oz and taped out at 19 in. Brooke was scheduled to be induced on Sunday morning, but little Jane couldn't wait that long. I can already tell she is a religious child, not wanting her mother to perform any labor on the Sabbath. True to form Brooke made quick work of the delivery. She was admitted to the hospital at 5:30 and 4 hrs later little Jane was in her arms, the Doctor didn't even make it for the delivery. I got the call around 4:00 that she was going into labor and I was in LA, so I half expected the baby to be born by the time I got there. Luckily Dori was able to take her to the hospital and get her all checked in while Chuck watched the kids.

Poor Brooke had a lot of pain with this delivery. The epidural was not working properly, so Brooke got a little taste of what she put her mom through :). We are just thrilled to have her here at last and in my humble and completely unbiased opinion she is about the cutest baby ever. She is definitely cuter than our other two were (don't worry they can't read yet so they won't know I said that)

The final moments


The look on Brooke's face says it all.



The kids came by for a quick visit.



Who does she look like you ask? I'll let you judge for yourself.

Jane


Porter

Lily




11 comments:

the kendig family said...

We are so glad that Baby Jane made it here and that Matt made it on time. Typical Flake fashion. We can't wait to see her!

Rachel Cunningham said...

Holy Cow! I was so surprised when I saw this! Nothing funner than an early baby!!! Glad she is here and the pain is over. She is beautiful! I think she looks more like Porter...judging from the pictures. Way to go Brooke!!! Congrats to your cute family.

Rachel Cunningham said...

P.S. July 13th is my Grandpa Hatch's birthday.

The Dunford Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It was such a wonderful surprise to click on your blog and see this beautiful new baby. You are both so blessed, you have a beautiful family. Sooo glad that everyone is well and happy. If you were to ask me....I think 13 is the LUCKIEST birthday one could have! Welcome Baby Jane!

Lindsay Cahoon said...

Oh Baby Jane! She is so cute! Brooke, I can't get over what good pictures those are of you! You look so good in all of them...seriously I think you look like a super model in them. And your hair looks like something off a comercial! Way to deliver in style! I hope it won't be too long before I get to meet Baby Jane!

Lindsay Cahoon said...

And by the way...did you stop at some sort of cafe on your way to the hospital? Where the heck are you in that picture? Boy does your hair look good!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Matt and Brooke! She has such a cute face! What a nice surprise for her to come early and for you to not have to get induced. You look all cute in your hospital pics, Brooke. I agree with Rach, she looks more like Porter's baby pics. What a little cutie!!

Kristi Kleisler said...

Congrats Brooke! She's gorgeous, I hope I get to see her when I come to Cali with Jack and Amy next week!!

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

I agree with Lindsay, you look great! I was also eyeing your hair with a little jealousy. But I guess I should also mention that little Jane is adorable - congrats!

Shelly said...

My mom was visiting and I was telling her how cute your family was and that you were due any day and what a surprise when I clicked on your blog and there was sweet baby Jane. Congrats and I think she is for sure a collins,she looks like porters baby pic. You are the cutest pregnant-im glad I got to see these pictures.

Chris and Anney Malone said...

I love your face at the gift shop, that about says it all- pain but joy!