Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Flake's have moved

I feel like I had to go through blogging withdrawals while we were in the process of moving. We couldn't sale our house so we decided to rent it out. We have been having a hard time deciding where we wanted to live, but we found the perfect house for us so we had to move on it fast. We are officially living in Brea, Ca and so far we love it. The neighborhood is old, but very kept up and everyone has been very friendly. We can actually see the Disneyland fireworks from Porter's bed. It has been a good move because Matt's commute time changed from two hours one way to only 30-40 minutes. Can't complain about that. I'm loving the small Brea community and the short distances I have to drive. Life is good!!!!

9 comments:

Kristi Kleisler said...

Congrats on the move!!! I am so glad you found a good place and that Matt can now spend more time with you guys than he does commuting!!! So I guess Lily gets dance lessons now and Porter gets to play Soccer, now that your settled in a city?

Mema and PaPa said...

Yippee---you've got internet again. Moving is hard work. My kiddies looked wiped out. It's amazing how much Jane has changed since I saw her last picture. She certainly has filled out and is so adorable. How come you are so blessed to get another thumb sucker--especially when you and Dustin were the only two of mine that didn't suck your thumbs? Porter's haircut looks good. He is his Daddy's helper. I'm sure Lily took over mothering Jane while you were busy packing, unpacking, etc. What a precious family you are and I'm so glad you are in a good place and get to have more time together. ILYT oxoxo

Rebecca said...

So sad you have left us but the commute issue I completely understand! We will have to get together sometime soon!!! Until then, there's always blogging:)

The Plewe Clan said...

We are so happy for you guys but so sad to see you leave!

Shelly said...

Im so glad that you finally found a house. MOVING SUCKS!! I totally feel your pain. We ended up renting our house out too. The market right now is horrible. I cant wait to see pictures of the new place when it gets all put together. We might need to make a trip to disneyland to visit-oh darn, my kids will totally hate that. Good luck with everything. Jane is so sweet-I love how she sucks her little thumb. I hope its not all too overwhelming for you with the move and with 3 kids. Take care!!!

Brittney Smith said...

Wow! That is a way better commute time. It really makes all the difference. And to be that close to Disneyland. How fun!!

The Dunford Family said...

Moving is challenging, but very exciting. I'm glad everything is going well and you guys are happy. We'll be heading out your way on Oct. 8th to take our kids to Disneyland during their school break. If you're close we'll have to plan a time when we can stop by and see you guys! It'd be fun to get together.

Hillary said...

Well miss yoou guys so much

stacy said...

i dont know you and i don't even know how i found you but i was surprised to see that you moved to brea. my husband and i lived there for 10 years and loved it. it's such a cute little town. we moved to AZ a year ago. i wonder if you're in the same ward i was in? hmm, i hope you love it there. :)