Thursday, June 12, 2008

Meet Ms. Hamster






Last week one of the Mom's at Lily's preschool was asking if anyone wanted a rabbit or hamster. I told her Lily would love it, but a dog, fish and a turtle were enough for me to handle. So she brings the hamster and its cage to school the next time and says that if it doesn't work out she'll be happy to take it back anytime. I gave in and now we have a hamster named Hamster. It was named blacky, but Lily changed it to Hamster. Lily is in love and has been playing with it non stop. I have to put the hamster in time out to give it a break from her torture. I guess she'll get one of her birthday request after all.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

How funny is that! I had hamsters when I was in 2nd grade...my brother and I both got one. Somehow we didn't know that we had a male and female (I mean seriously - how do you not know?) and we ended up with 11 babies... and for round two, 10 more. I think I was officially over ALL rodents after that!

Shelly said...

I love the picture of Jane in the background cracking up. So cute. We got rid of our dog when we moved so the kids were dying for a pet. We got a Hamster and his name is Hammy. What creative kids we have. They are so easy to take care of, but I still have yet to touch the rat. YUCK!!

Mema and PaPa said...

Lucky Ducky!!! Dreams do come true for my Lovey and it isn't even her birthday. I think Hamster is cuter than any I've ever seen and very photogenic--just like her new owner. What is Janie so happy about? Did those teeth break through or what? What adorable kiddies I have.
I miss you guys---ILYT oxoxo

Lindsay Cahoon said...

What a lucky day for Lily! I hope Hamster stays away from all fishbowls...Janie is so cute in the background!

Katie said...

What a clever name! How did she come up with that? :) Can't wait to see you guys and meet Hamster!

kkendig said...

Lily has a true gift for names. She is going to love us because we got her the rest of the animals on her list! We haven't figured out home to wrap the horse yet. We still have a day.

Ned and Erin + kids said...

do you want to add another dog to the mix. You wont even know its there.